Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stray Pet

Yesterday I was in my sleep and was disturbed by a noise. A noise that I figured out was the noise of dogs barking on streets. One of them started and all others joined. All of them barked in chorus. I tried to go back to my dreams but could not…the noise was getting louder and angrier. I just couldn’t sleep and irritated I started abusing all of them for disturbing my sleep.

For my sadistic pleasure I started imagining all the stray dogs in a spooky place and all of them in cages. I was enjoying visualizing all of them one by one (whatever there names were……some of them wouldn’t even have names) detained….barking helplessly but no one would come to there rescue as it was my dream….my imagination. They all should not even exist I wished. I was enjoying being a devil and I almost back in my sleep that I saw a very sad looking brown dog who was not barking at all as if it has been betrayed.

I woke up immediately and lying on my bed I tried to recall where I had seen the brown dog. And it was not too long that I realized that the brown dog was Jackie. Jackie – yes it was Jackie our stray pet …..It was a stray dog but was a pet for all of us(me and my neighbors)…….Jackie was our hero….. Jackie used to walk along us while going to school. We used to discuss Jackie in school, while coming back from school in bus and he used to wag his tail and wait for all of us on our bus stop. We used to play with him but what happened to him. He was there when I was 10 and now after 10 years I couldn’t even remember what happened to him…..where did he go??? How I never realized his absence….and how did he just disappeared even from our conversations….

Many questions popped up in my mind except.... is he dead…???...as I already knew the answer

6 comments:

Sayani said...

thats what happens dear always as if a volatile memory or it is the negligence or simply a wish ...i don't know......

very emotional and touchy post
keep up

Subu's Blog said...

gud u didnt sleep u dunt deserve to be asleep...(hehe)

gud thing is atleast u thought abt jackie at tht time..

gud post..

K.C. said...

This was a very vivid writing. You are very good. KC

K.C. said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. I am so glad that you could get past my last few days of "yuk". I really am on the upside and this "journey" really is such a great thing.

I guess I had to go through some bad memories for a bit. You made me smile as well with what you wrote, so thanks again! KC

Ritika said...

u know what i also had a stray pet....but it was not a dog...but a cat.

just like u.... my pet also cums to my mind....

oohhh...i wish my pet comes back....
gud thought Nam,i must say.

laddu said...

u should thank god dat in ur case it was a pet. in dis world ppl 4get each other, where does a pet stand den??