Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Why ???

I was in a restaurant waiting for my sis to get food for me. I was looking in the direction of my sis so that I don’t miss her as the place was so damn crowded. Doing so I saw a lady come and sit in front of me. She was with a girl who seemed to be around 12 so I guessed she might be her grand mother. The young left her instantly with a small girl who seemed to be around 2 years to get food.

She was very old, she took a while to sit and adjust to the bright lights of the restaurant.
I kept looking at her and before I could even realize I was staring her. She kept looking at the floor and not even for once she looked up or at me (I would have been damn conscious if someone stared me like I was staring her)

I got really curious and wanted to know why she seemed to be so disinterested in everything... the people around.... the food and even her granddaughter who was sitting beside her and could have fallen from the chair any moment.

I was asking my self why she is here if she didn’t want to be. ……..

All I could think was may b bcoz her grandchildren wanted her to be there and she complied unwillingly...

Do we live for others when we grow old???????????

9 comments:

Unknown said...

hhhhhmmmmmmmm...a few grammatical
mistakes...
yeah thats a question we all ask from ourselves and it often remains unanswered...well,lets wait and see for ourselves how we live our old life...and then may be we'll have an answer to it.

Amit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sayani said...

we always live for others ....even tho' we think studying to have a good career but for what ?for materials ,luxury ...or to lead gud life ...we always been living so
may be now she don't want to live for others ...may be struggling hard to find the answer whats the purpose of her life?

a very thought provoking post
keep up

Amit said...

I think she might be waitnig for her husband.................thats y she was not interested in any thing

or
may be she was blind......

Anonymous said...

Certainly NOT
It depends
on individuals and circumstances.
Depends on nature of the person.
Some live for others-itz their very perspective.
Like i said some live 4 others and some jst for themselves.beleive me 'in certain cases'it has nothing to do with "age"
depends on the peson wether he/she can adjst acc. to situations or compel others.......

its_me said...

a very dear frnd wanted to ,post commnt on my blog but could not becz of blah blah resn....and wanted me to post this commnt.......

so this is wat he said...

You know what your problem is " you think a lot about others" its just that you are pretentious in a way that " you are not the person on face value " what ur deep within.
people think you are carefree and oblivious of surroundings. But those who know you (I am one of them) you are the person who knows the answer to WHY ? Because you care for others; very few ppl can do that.

Subu's Blog said...

well if u ask me i will say old age the time to live for ur self...

all life u had been living for others making them happy..etc etc

i dun know wat was the problem with her..
but m sure she must be having a gud reason for doing tht..

laddu said...

well we do live 4 others d whole life but at old age we should live 4 our own. may be she was forced to be dere so she was sad. sad but true, v dont have any command on ourself wen v grow old....we have 2 live on others mercy....

Unknown said...

moving! quite beautiful :)